We are looking for an outstanding individual to join the Client Services team here at Symplectic. The Client Support Manager (EMEA) at Symplectic is a new role, created to further serve the needs of our growing client-base in the EMEA region.
The Client Support Manager (EMEA) forms an essential part of the support and solutions team for clients in the EMEA region and is responsible for …
About The Role
The Client Support Manager (EMEA) at Symplectic forms an essential part of the support and solutions team for clients in the EMEA region and is responsible for providing advice, support and training to enable clients to understand how to use products and services and aims to improve client experiences.
Additionally, the Client Support Manager (EMEA) will support Symplectic in providing round-the-clock coverage, consistent service levels and a high degree of knowledge transfer to clients.
This role reports to the VP Client Services at Symplectic as a key member of the Client Services team. The Client Support Manager (EMEA) works closely with the Implementation Managers as well as with colleagues across the Product Development team to deliver exemplary support for our clients.
The key responsibilities of the Client Support Manager (EMEA) include:
- Provide superior product knowledge for Symplectic Elements by providing training and client support of solutions.
- Triage issues and determine a resolution path whilst providing outstanding service.
- Provide knowledge transfer training during implementation (via webinar or onsite) for application configuration and workflow analysis.
- Create and maintain support articles according to the User Experience guidelines, including updates on enhancements and upgrades.
- Facilitate client communication by providing empathy and understanding during implementation helping with teething problems and the uncertainly of new systems.
- In the transition to business as usual, create and maintain key relationships with support contacts and manage expectations. Understand the clients’ business to help, assist and analyse their business and workflow needs.
- Manage large amounts of information to consider service level agreements, institutional size and complexity and update internal monitoring systems.
- Support the Sales Team by curating content for demonstrations when required.
- Maintain client summaries and capture feedback for any required follow up.
- Maintain knowledge and skills in Digital Repositories, Open Access, Researcher Profile systems, and search and indexing services in order to support core integrations.
- Participate in technical discussions with the Product Development team.
- Attend user meetings, run workshops and facilitate the sharing of user stories and case studies.
- The Client Support Manager (EMEA) reports to the VP, Client Services at Symplectic.
- Regularly meets with the VP, Client Services online to summarise, escalate and handover.
- Work closely with Client Support Manager (Americas) and Client Solutions Manager (APAC).
- Maintain high ethical standards and client confidentiality where requested.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales teams.
We are seeking someone who is dedicated to providing high quality client support who will work closely with our customers and help them solve problems. You should have excellent English verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with clients clearly and persuasively. You need to be an analytical problem-solver, who can take clients through the troubleshooting process in a calm and methodical manner.
You will be a self-motivated, independent individual and can work effectively as a part of a collaborative global team. You will show initiative and be eager to share your ideas and learn from others, and take pride in producing high quality work.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and maintain strong team relationships.
- Experience with delivering first-line customer support.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience in the Academic Research Environment in relation to systems, technologies, or research information management.
- This position is suitable for remote work.
- This position is full time, based on weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours. This role may be suitable for flexible working arrangements, subject to approval.
- This role may require some travel.
Symplectic is the world’s leading developer of integrated research information management systems and our flagship product Elements is used by thousands of researchers based in universities and other research-intensive organisations across the globe.
Created in 2003 by four friends studying for their PhDs, Symplectic has now grown into a successful international business, with over 30 employees spanning 3 continents – but it still retains the cultural feel of a startup.
Symplectic is part of the Digital Science group, which works towards making research smarter, more collaborative, and more efficient.