Symplectic is a leading developer of integrated research information management systems, and its flagship product Elements is used by hundreds of thousands of researchers based in research institutions across the globe. We are looking for a talented Junior QA Engineer to join the team.
With an open-plan office in King’s Cross, our workspace is light and modern, and with a collaborative working environment you’ll find yourself working with and learning from the whole team. Solving complex problems and keeping our customers happy is what we do best, and we’d like someone that will help us maintain these high standards.
About the role:
You will work alongside business stakeholders and developers to design, develop, write, and maintain test plans from product requirements and design documents. You will assist with the development of automated tests, defect tracking and management of other day to day QA tasks.
We’re looking for an individual who has an awareness of various software development lifecycle methodologies, preferably with some experience of working within an Agile environment. Awareness of Behaviour or Test Driven Development would also be an advantage.
You will also be highly motivated with the ability to work independently as well as be a strong team player.
To apply for this role, applicants will need to have:
- A BSc in computer science or related major.
- Knowledge of Java, JUnit, Maven, Selenium Webdriver, SQL, and general browser Development Tools.
- Strong analytical skills with a highly inquisitive mentality.
- Experience in writing detailed test plans and conducting test plan reviews with project team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio, IIS, and basic Windows Server management is helpful, but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and strong multi-tasking skills.
Salary: Competitive, based on experience.
Please note; all candidates must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK prior to any formal offer of employment.