Case Study – Elements at Duke University
Duke University is one of the world’s most prestigious institutions. Some facts surrounding their implementation of Elements in 2012:
- There are 65,000 users with Elements accounts at Duke University.
- Over 6,000 of these users are faculty members, whose data are being used to build public VIVO profiles.
- Over 110,000 records were imported from existing legacy systems to aid in the migration.
- 3,000 items in their institutional repository have been linked to Elements records.
- All repository items have Open Access links, allowing visitors to discover full texts via DOIs, PubMed IDs or other links provided by the authors.